- This event has passed.
First (FIRST) meeting, 2018
February 21, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Creating advertising material to promote the anthology
- Collecting and organising student submissions
- Reviewing and selecting submissions for publication
- Copyediting and proofreading selected submissions in collaboration with their author
- Sourcing local advertisers to help finance the publication
- Inventing a theme for this year’s publication
- Proofreading the final printer’s proof
- Managing the launch event
This year we’re also contemplating a name change, and we’d like you to be part of that conversation.So if you’re interested in writing, editing, or publishing, we highly encourage you to join our team. There’s nothing quite like seeing your name for the first time in print, and it’s even better when you’ve seen the entire process from beginning to end.
The FIRST meeting* is on Wednesday 21st of February from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Room is 9C26, so that’s building 9, level C, room 26. Meetings will run throughout the year, but the bulk of the contact hours will be around the end of Winter Semester.
Hope to see you there!
Managing Editor 2018